is Dry Ice Cleaning?
Dry Ice Cleaning is a blasting technique similar to
sand blasting, but makes use of solid CO2
or dry ice pellets. On impact the pellets vaporize to
carbon dioxide gas and increase in volume by a factor
of 700. Due to this expansion the contaminant is lifted
and separated from the base material.
The advantage of using dry ice pellets as blasting
material is twofold:
1. The very low temperature of the dry ice pellets
(-78°C or -109°F) causes the contamination to
freeze and contract resulting in the easy detachment
of the contaminant from the substrate.
2. The dry ice pellets vaporize to carbon dioxide gas
on impact, which means that only the original contaminant
is left for disposal. This natural evaporation of dry
ice pellets is a major advantage of the dry ice cleaning
The main advantages of our Dry Ice Cleaning Equipment
- Generates up-time: substantially reducing downtime
by eliminating the need to strip down and reassemble
- Eliminates the need for detergents or chemicals
- Is non-abrasive compared to sand and grit blasting
or cleaning with brushes.
- Environmentally friendly: the removal of stubborn
contaminated layers without generating waste.
- Compact and versatile: the cleaning equipment can
be taken to the large object to be cleaned, not the
other way round.
- Dry Ice Cleaning can be used where water, sand or
other cleaning products are not allowed: Dry Ice Blasting
is a suitable technique for use on electrical machines
and in the food industry.